If you are an organisation looking to produce a quality corporate video, planning a successful video production shoot requires a pinch of creativity, a dash of organisation, and much enthusiasm.
However, it can lead to chaos and a bad video if not done right. But worry not! As a video production service, we know exactly what it takes to create a brand video of your dreams. Follow the below checklist that helps you navigate the intricacies of video production and start on the right foot!
First up, before you begin the actual video production, organisations need to complete the following 4 crucial steps to ensure a smooth production:
Prepare a Creative Brief
Before diving into the video production process, it is essential to establish a clear direction for your project. A creative brief serves as a foundation for the entire production, answering big questions like:
- What is the video’s objective?
- What are the key messages?
- Who is the target audience?
- What emotions do we wish to elicit?
- Whom are we doing it for?
- Are there any guidelines that need to be followed?
Think of it as a treasure map that gives you a clear direction and purpose as you begin the video production.
Hire a Video Production House
Once you’ve got your creative brief shining bright, it’s time to find the perfect video production house to bring your dreams to life. A top-notch video production house will be your creative partner, working hand in hand to turn your vision into reality. Look for a team with oodles of experience, a knack for storytelling, and a passion for filmmaking.
Collaborating with the right production house and video production service can make all the difference, so don’t hesitate to explore different options and find the one that clicks.
Develop a Concept
The vast majority of marketing video production concepts are driven by both practical and creative imperatives. The concept is where the value is really created. Brainstorming sessions with the production team can yield innovative and engaging ideas that align with your creative brief. No one will remember who came up with the ‘big idea’ but it might be responsible for tripling traffic on your website.
The scripting phase is where your story takes shape, characters come to life, and emotions run high. It outlines the storyline, dialogue, and visuals, helping everyone involved in the project to stay on the same page.
Your first draft can be a little messy or even just a bullet-point outline. It’s all about getting the ideas on paper. Make sure to keep your creative brief nearby so you don’t forget the core driving factors of the video. Once you get approval to move forward with the video, you can refine and tighten up the script.
Once you’ve finished with the scripting, the real magic begins! Now is the time that the video production house will start your actual production. But before they begin, here are a few elements in each step that you can keep in mind to stay prepared for what lies ahead!
The pre-production phase involves meticulous planning and organising before the actual shoot. It is the backbone of a smooth shoot and it’s the time to put on your producer hat and get those following things checked!
- Budgets: Determine and allocate the budget for the entire production, including equipment, locations, talent, and crew.
- Casts: Select and hire the right actors and talent that fit the roles perfectly.
- Location Scouting: Scout and secure the ideal shooting locations that align with the script and budget.
- Crew and Equipment: Assemble a skilled production team and arrange for necessary equipment and gear.
- Production Schedule: Create a detailed shooting schedule to efficiently manage time and resources.
- Permits and Permissions: Obtain all required permits and permissions for filming in public or private locations.
- Wardrobe and Props: Arrange for suitable wardrobe and props to enhance the production’s visual appeal.
Production is when the actual shooting begins. As the crew gears up for the video production, ensure the following is in order:
- Double-check all equipment: Ensure cameras, lights, and sound equipment are in perfect working condition and have sufficient batteries and memory cards.
- Review the shooting schedule: Confirm the shooting locations, call times, and scene order to keep the production on track.
- Assemble the crew: Verify that all team members are present and aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Set up shooting locations: Make sure the set is ready with props and necessary arrangements before filming.
- Conduct rehearsals: Practice scenes with actors and crew to iron out any issues before rolling the camera.
- Maintain safety protocols: Prioritise the safety of everyone on set throughout the shoot.
- Capture ample footage: Shoot multiple takes to ensure enough material for editing.
- Record quality audio: Monitor sound levels and minimise background noise during filming.
- Stay on schedule: Keep a close eye on time to complete the shoot within the planned time frame.
- Communicate effectively: Maintain clear communication among the crew to ensure a smooth production process.
Finally, stay on set, cheer on the team, and ensure everything aligns with the grand plan. Be open to last-minute adjustments and let the creative energy flow freely.
Phew, the shoot is a wrap! But hold on, we’re not done yet. After capturing all the footage, the post-production process begins. The editor will work closely with the director to bring the vision to life. To ensure you get the perfect video, follow the given checklist:
- Organise Footage: Gather and arrange all recorded footage systematically for easy access and editing.
- Video Editing: Craft the narrative, trim unnecessary clips, and create a cohesive flow for the final video.
- Audio Enhancement: Enhance audio quality, add background music, and synchronise sound effects.
- Colour Grading: Adjust colours and tones to establish the desired mood and visual consistency.
- Graphics & Effects: Integrate text, graphics, and special effects to enhance storytelling.
Once the video is ready, the next step is distribution. Consider the platforms where your target audience is most likely to be present – it could be social media, your website, email newsletters, or other video-sharing platforms. Develop a distribution strategy to maximise the video’s reach and engagement.
An effective video production service is built on meticulous planning and preparation. Video production agencies can ensure that everything is well thought out and done by using this detailed checklist. Flexibility and adaptation are also important in any production, so be ready to make changes as necessary. With the correct planning and a committed crew, you’ll be well on your way to making an engaging and aesthetically appealing corporate video that enthrals your viewers. Enjoy your shooting!
We at Surge Productions help you elevate your brand’s story. Creating stunning videos that inspire action. We are a Video Production Company in Bangalore, dedicated to building a story brand that elevates your business and inspires action. We partner with corporates and startups for all things video! We are a team of dreamers, storytellers, and creators, who are passionate about using the power of video to bring brands to life.